A very popular growing style and trend, Rustic weddings have accumulated a huge following of interest and Rustic ideas, From Rustic wedding cakes and rustic wedding cake toppers to Rustic seating and a rustic wedding archway, There is next to no category of a wedding that hasn’t been transformed to make look more rustic.
What to think about when trying to pull off the perfect rustic wedding.
- Ambiance – Lighting, Temperature, and space can completely change the mood and style of a wedding,
- Wedding Arches – Rustic Wedding Arches are a must for any rustic theme wedding, Make sure there is plenty of exposed wood and decorate with natural Plants / Flowers
- Surroundings – Relating with forest and nature a rustic wedding will always go down well with plenty of Trees, Wooden furniture, Think cabin in the woods only modernized.
- Colors – Highlighter pink does not scream out rustic or natural in any way shape or form. Having said that The odd Flower here and there is going to bring the theme out in full force. Deep natural colors that are formed naturally will be perfect
- Food and Tables – Wooden tables are a must, U can use a nice table runner accompany with greenery and some wooden chairs which can be Rustically decorated, Make sure the food suits the occasion, Garden salads, Fresh bread, Meats and gravy, A plain table cloth with some greenery decorated on it can look amazingly Rustic.
- A few others to keep in mind – The season of the year, Dress style and color-coding, Vehicles or Horse and carriage, Wedding Centerpieces, Walkways, and Rugs / Mats, Wedding Favors, Seating and fence enclosures, ……I think you get the Idea
Why Have A Rustic Wedding
As far as traditional weddings go the Rustic style hasn’t fallen far from the tree, As I have explained in other articles the whole rustic theme does not just represent art or a style but in a certain way also represents traditional morals and values, Swearing-In Holey Matrimony, Saying your vows, Making a commitment, That feeling of Home, Security and Safety, Natural and down to earth,
Garden weddings are some of the most common weddings to be had, as this is ultimately a beautiful place to be married. Fresh outdoor air, Natural Sounds and Smells, Birds and nature, Naturally the garden-style wedding and the rustic style wedding co-exist as they both scream out a Natural and Traditional flavor about them.
Rustic Wedding Cakes – Here are a few tips
Choosing a wedding cake can be a big deal, Making it look rustic… well that can be easy with a few tips up your sleeve…
Rustic Wedding Cake Stand – Instead of using the standard white plastic tower stand or boring white tray, Use a bare piece of wood. This will base the cake as a more natural look and will help enhance the rustic feel of the rustic wedding cake display.
Semi-naked Cake – Don’t be scared to leave some of the icing layer thin or bare too show a more weathered-looking styled display, This weathered rustic look works well with darker colored styled cakes with lighter icing.
Rustic Wedding Cake Toppers & Decorations – The icing on the cake so to speak. Decorations are a must on most wedding cakes, Making them resemble a rustic theme is easy, Stick to natural colors, Browns and greens, You would be surprised how easy it can be to make a plain white wedding cake look more rustic by simply adding a few pieces of foliage around the cake and placing it on a bare wooden cake trey.
Rustic Wedding Arches
When all eyes are on you a rustic archway is the perfect way to set the scene. In fact you will find that most weddings, Rustic or not will still use a wooden archway which will naturally take on its own rustic effect. Large unpainted beams build an amazing rustic looking archway, Even using small trees bound with rope and decorated with foliage can make a beautiful more natural rustic wedding arch.
Good To Go Rustic Wedding
If your planning on having a rustic wedding, as long as you get these fundamentals right you cannot go wrong, Remember the more natural you can keep everything the better, Include lots of wood, Greenery, and natural colors, Don’t overdo everything, Sometimes ” Little Is More ” Big bold slabs of timber, Wooden seats, a garden or forest setting, An old Ranch or Barn is perfect. Best of luck creating your own Rustic Wedding.